Monday, December 21, 2009

More "Good" Tears and a Question......

And how about that Christmas Folgers Coffee commercial where the adult son, who's apparently been gone for a very, very long time, arrives home early in the morning to surprise his family.

This year, he's met at the door by his younger sister, who puts a bow on his sweater and says he is her Christmas present.

Then he makes some coffee and his parents wake up to the wonderful aroma, come downstairs, and see him right there in the kitchen. Joy and rampant hugging ensue.

Who doesn't tear up at that one? (Especially, well, this year...)

You know, there are movies and books that make me cry for sad reasons ("Old Yeller", "Dumbo", et al), and I suppose it can be a good thing to see sad things happen and the characters survive and move on. I suppose....maybe.

But I'm wondering how many other tear-jerkers there are for good reasons like being surprised at your child coming home unexpectedly on Christmas Day, or realizing your life really was wonderful in"It's a Wonderful Life", or the saving of your loved ones and your own soul in "Ben-Hur".

I wonder, what other movies/books/stories cause tears of joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment