Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hebrews 13:1-2

Photo thanks to JennaL of WaitWaitWhereIsShe

Let brotherly love continue.
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers,
for thereby some have entertained

angels unawares.

(RSV)

Long a favorite verse of mine. It was used in the title of a wonderful book that I read as a child. Angel Unaware was written by Dale Evans about her daughter who had Downs Syndrome.

It's very interesting to imagine the application of this verse. Could the homeless person on the street be an angel waiting for someone to show brotherly love? Could the person with depression in a treatment facility? Maybe the older lady walking so slowly in front of me or the older gentleman I passed who was sitting in the common area of the nursing home?

All are equally loved by God.

I need to keep that in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment